The Palm Springs Sisters Guide to Getting Grants
The Palm Springs Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence have a long history here in the Coachella Valley of offering assistance to a variety of local non-profit support and direct service organizations in the Coachella Valley. Since the beginning of our grant giving process, the Palm Springs Sisters have provided many tens of thousands of dollars to worthy organizations throughout our area.
Criteria for Consideration
The requesting not for profit organization’s purpose and planned use of grant funds, if awarded, must provide benefit to the greater Palm Springs GLBT community, encourage the free expression of human sexual orientation, and / or help build cooperative, cordial and supportive relationships among the culturally and ethnically diverse peoples of the Coachella Valley as described below:
- Alleviating economic and / or social disadvantage to members of the community
- Providing for the health and welfare of the GLBT community.
- Promoting individual awareness and ownership of personal good health and healthy living.
- Education, screening, and prevention of health issues that impact the GLBT community.
- Providing resources, support and/or care to individuals suffering from life inhibiting disease or disability.
- Supporting and advancing human rights equality and dignity for each and every individual.
Grant Requests can be submitted at any time, and our Grant Committee reviews received requests in the fall. The Palm Springs Sisters reviews may also include suggested organizations from our members, as long as they meet the criteria, as above.
Awarded grants will be disbursed in December of that year or January of the next year.
Emergency Grants are accepted and reviewed throughout the year and approved based on need and availability. These emergency grants are usually limited in scope and funds, but are considered on the individual merits of each request received.
If you would like to be considered for a grant, please complete the following form:
Please contact our website administration if you are experiencing difficulties.