The Palm Springs Sisters Guide to Getting Grants
Criteria for Consideration
The requesting not for profit organization’s purpose and planned use of grant funds, if awarded, must provide benefit to the Palm Springs GLBT community, encourage the free expression of human sexual orientation, and / or help build cooperative, cordial and supportive relationships among the culturally and ethnically diverse peoples of the Coachella Valley as described below:
- Alleviating economic and / or social disadvantage to members of the community
- Providing for the health and welfare of the GLBT community.
- Promoting individual awareness and ownership of personal good health and healthy living.
- Education, screening, and prevention of health issues that impact the GLBT community.
- Providing resources, support and/or care to individuals suffering from life inhibiting disease or disability.
- Supporting and advancing human rights equality and dignity for each and every individual.
Our annual Grant Request window is January 1 through August 31 of each year, and our Grant Committee reviews received requests in the fall. Awarded grants will be disbursed in December.
Standard Grant Requests received after the August 31 cutoff date will be denied and can be resubmitted the following year.
Emergency Grants are accepted and reviewed throughout the year and approved based on need and availability.
If you would like to be considered for a grant, please complete the following form: