A brief history of Palm Springs Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
The Palm Springs Chapter or House received their Mission Status from the Motherhouse, San Francisco Sisters, Inc. in 2006, and was granted their exequatur in April 2007 thus becoming an independent, fully professed house. Since our inception, The Palm Springs Sisters have donated over $125,000.00 to local organizations. That does not include the money we raise directly for other organizations when they ask us to be part of their event!
Organizations that have directly benefited from the Sisters.
Click Here to see our 2019 Thank You Letters
- Animal Samaritans
- Transgender Community Coalition
- US Department of Agriculture – Reforestation Project
- Safehouse of the Desert
- AAP & Food Samaritans
- Desert AIDS Project (DAP)
- The L-Fund
- Gay Associated Youth (GAY)
- The Desert Pride Center, The Golden Rainbow Senior Center (GRSC),
- The Palm Springs LGBT Center and Food Bank
- Palm Springs Leather Order of the Desert (PSLOD)
- Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter
- Palm Springs Unified School District
- Cathedral City Elementary School
Additionally, the Sisters can often be found assisting at other local charity fundraisers, by conducting raffle ticket sales, helping with silent auctions or handling tickets at the door. They have helped raise funds for The L-Fund, for Prostate Cancer Awareness, Breast Cancer and Working Wonders, to name just a few.
The Palm Springs Sisters also continue to collect school supplies for local families and schools in need, toys and holiday gifts so that Coachella Valley families can have gifts for the winter holidays, food for local food banks, plus clothing, sweaters and coats that go to our local homeless in the winter.